- The purpose of the Prize is to acknowledge and advance work in the field of law, literature and humanities in relation to Australasia.
- The Committee will award the prize to the author or authors whose book, essay, or article has, in the judgment of the Committee, made the most significant contribution to the field of Australasian law, literature and humanities since the award of the last prize.
- The winner will be invited to a panel discussion of their work at an appropriate LLHAA conference. Their work will be reviewed and publicised on the Law Literature and Humanities Association of Australasia
- Eligible authors will include those who write in the field of Australasian law, literature, and humanities or those whose scholarship in law, literature and humanities emerges from Australasia.
- The author must be prepared to attend and participate in the LLHAA Conference held at UTS, Sydney in December 2015.
Administration and Adjudication
- The prize will be awarded to the author or authors whose book, essay, or article has, in the judgment of the Committee, made the most significant contribution to the field of law, literature and humanities in Australasia.
- The prize will be awarded for a work written by an Australasian scholar (whether by residence or birth) or whose work has a distinctively Australasian focus. To be eligible, relevant work must bear a publication date of 2014 or 2015.
- Nominations can be made by anyone.
- The award will be judged by a committee established by the current membership of the management committee of LLHAA (â€˜the Committeeâ€™).
- The Committeeâ€™s decision will be made by a majority vote and will not be open to review.
- Where a member of the Committee has been nominated for the award, that member will abstain from voting on the award and will not be present when the Committee is considering the nominations.
- The submission of nominations for the first prize must be made by 1 September 2015. The award will be announced in November 2015. Nominations are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.